Connecting to Trino / Starburst
1. To add a new connection, navigate to the File tab and click on Edit Connections, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O].
2. In the dialog box, click the Add icon (➕) next to the Connections header and select Trino.
3. To finish creating a connection, enter valid data in the fields of the New connection dialog.
- Connection name – Replace the default New Connection with a meaningful value.
- Database JDBC DRIVER – Specify user drivers for the data source, or click the 'download them' link below this field settings area. For detailed instructions on setting up drivers, see Add a user driver to an existing connection. If you want to download Trino JDBC driver manually, please make sure you get it from official Trino website: https://trino.io/docs/current/client/jdbc.html or from Starburst website if you are connecting to instance there: https://docs.starburst.io/latest/installation/download.html
- Host – Enter the hostname for your Trino / Starburst instance. For Starburst instance you can get connection information by navigating to your "Clusters" page in the Starburst Galaxy admin panel and clicking on "Connection info" button.
- Port – Connection port
- User - Connection username
- Password - User password
- Catalog - Select the catalog to connect to in your Trino / Starburst instance.
- Advanced Properties – Supply additional JDBC parameters if needed.
- Pre-Execution Script - Specify SQL script that should be executed right after JDBC connection has been established. This might be useful to specify some additional configuration properties.
4. Click Test to ensure that the connection to the data source is successful.
5. Click Save. A newly created connection will be displayed in your Database Explore panel just right under the Connections header.
🔎 NOTE: If you need more advanced information on how to set up a Trino / Starburst connection, please, contact us through email@example.com