In Coginiti, you can import and export your Connection Templates to share them with other users.
The inefficiency of SQL IDEs is directly linked with the time it takes to get connected. With our application, it's no longer a problem. Connection Templates let you save all the relevant database details and distribute them through an easy import and export feature.
HOW TO EXPORT CONNECTIONS
- First, navigate to the File tab ⇨ click on Export Connection, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O] and click on the symbol () next to the Connections header. A dialog box will open.
- You will see a list of available connections. Select those you need and click on Export selected.
🔎 TIP: Either check or uncheck the Include sensitive data box.
It will switch on or off the Username and Password availability for use in the exported connections.
- The last step is to choose the folder location for the exported files in a download menu window.
- You can now send the exported connections to other Aginity users for them to import the connections in their lists.
HOW TO IMPORT CONNECTIONS
- To get started, navigate to the File tab ⇨ click on Import Connections, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O] and click on the symbol () next to the Connections header. A file explorer window will open.
- Choose the appropriate Aginity connection package you want to import.
🔎 TIP: By default, packages for both Catalog and Connections have .aginitypkg file formats.
- Now, select the needed connections and click on Import Selected.