To make your Coginiti journey even easier, we've already implemented the cross-database autocomplete feature for several databases platforms. And we'll be extending this list over time.
- The auto-complete functionality has three capabilities to help you navigate your SQL:
- Display any words from above your current cursor's position on the editor screen
- Display SQL syntax starting with SELECT, WHERE, FROM, and all the way to database platform-specific functions like CASE, DATEDIFF, or CURRENT_DATE()
- Display database, schema, table, column as you are typing
- To enable cross-database autocomplete, type in your database/schema/object name. Remember to index the databases first (by opening them in the Database Object Tree).
- To initiate just the database browser that shows database objects plus snippets, hit Ctrl+Space. Otherwise, as you type, if the autocomplete is supported for your database, it will automatically pop up.
You can also use some special snippets we've pre-wired within the editor to make writing SQL even simpler. Here are the snippets currently available in Coginiti:
|selall||will generate generic SELECT FROM|
|selwh||will generate generic SELECT FROM WHERE|
|upd||will generate an UPDATE statement|
|ins||will generate an INSERT statement|
|del||will generate a DELETE statement|
|expf||will generate a generic export to file statement|