The notifications sidebar is designed to receive notifications from various parts of the application such as the status of on-going query execution and other work tasks. Open the notification sidebar by clicking the bell icon in the upper right corner of the application:
What notifications can I expect in this panel?
Today, users will be informed about success / failure of the following functions:
- Data Upload status (both Bulk Upload and Data Insert)
- Scheduled query execution status (Premium/Enterprise edition)
- Migration from Pro to Premium. This notification will show up for users wanting to migrated their assets from Pro application into our Premium environment. Since this function is built as a push from Pro, user will receive notification in Pro.
- Edits made to an owned Catalog asset (Premium/Enterprise edition)
- New Catalog folders shared with you (Premium/Enterprise edition)
Additional notification are coming in subsequent releases.
Each notification card will contain some important information, such as:
- Source in the app (e.g. Scheduling)
- Status (e.g. Failure)
- Additional metadata (username, date, time etc.)
For more details, use the arrow icon on the left hand side of the notification to expand it:
Where applicable, notification cards will have hyperlinks to take you to the rest of the application to resolve the issue or retry the failed action:
Notification cards are easy to manage by filtering them by date. You can choose from a predefined or custom date period.
Additional notification filtering options are planned in future releases.