In Coginiti, you can import and export both your entire catalogs or any folders selected within them.
How to Export Your Catalog
- To export your items or Catalog, you can use several options:
- Right-click on a Catalog folder and select Export.
- Or click on the (…) symbol on the right from the Catalog header ⇨ Choose Export Catalog.
- Go to File tab ⇨ Select Export Catalog.
- In an Export Catalog pop-up, choose what you want to save — an entire folder or a selection of items within it.
- Name the file and set the location to where you will save it.
🔎 NOTE: We recommend Pro users take advantage of automatic Catalog backup, which can be configured within your user settings. (The Settings area can be opened by clicking your Account icon in the upper right corner of the application.)
How to Import a Coginiti Catalog
With importing, you can restore catalog items you may have lost and collaborate with other engineers by sharing your SQL. In turn, it might help make you a more efficient and consistent SQL developer.
- To import your items or Catalog, you can use the following options:
- Right-click on a designated folder and select Import.
- Or click on the (…) symbol on the right from the Catalog header ⇨ Choose Import Catalog.
- Go to File tab ⇨ select Import Catalog
- Pick the files/items you want to import. By default, Coginiti Catalog files have the .coginitipkg extension.
- Tap the Import button, and you are all set.
🔎 TIP: Coginiti also maintains a Github repository of sample catalog assets.
They are either administrative queries for specific platforms,
data engineering queries that do powerful transformations against generic data,
or analytic queries showing how to do cool things in SQL.