In Coginiti, you can import and export both your entire catalogs or any folders selected within them.
How to Export Your Catalog
- To export your items or Catalog, you can use several options:
- Right-click on a Catalog folder and select Export.
- Or click on the (…) symbol on the right from the Catalog header ⇨ Choose Export Catalog.
- Go to File tab ⇨ Select Export Catalog.
- In an Export Catalog pop-up, choose what you want to save — an entire folder or a selection of items within it. And specify whether you wish to include Sensitive Data.
- Name the file and set the location to where you will save it.
🔎 NOTE: We highly recommend regularly export your catalogs to portable data storage devices to prevent accidental loss of queries.
How to Import a Coginiti Catalog
With importing, you can restore catalog items you may have lost and collaborate with other engineers by sharing your SQL. In turn, it might help make you a more efficient and consistent SQL developer.
- To import your items or Catalog, you can use the following options:
- Right-click on a designated folder and select Import.
- Or click on the (…) symbol on the right from the Catalog header ⇨ Choose Import Catalog.
- Go to File tab ⇨ select Import Catalog
- Pick the files/items you want to import. By default, Coginiti Catalog files have the .aginitypkg extension.
- Tap the Import button, and you are all set.
🔎 TIP: Aginity also maintains a Github repository of available catalog queries.
They are either administrative queries for specific platforms,
data engineering queries that do powerful transformations against generic data,
or analytic queries showing how to do cool things in SQL.